Posted by Christina
As Seen:

Abina and Paddy’s wedding was like a beautiful dream. I think all of their guests were blown away by the amount of details and hard work they put into their day. Being a very hands on couple they just wouldn’t settle for anything less than perfect.

When Abina and Paddy first spotted Loughcrew House they saw it’s potential but it didn’t quite fit the bill. Tearing out old carpet and repainting the brick walls, they transformed it into a beautiful space for their perfect wedding. Future couples now have someone to thank for a beautiful new venue in Ireland. Every part of their wedding was very much DIY. Really, if I told you the amount of work they put in it would blow your mind. Abina’s sister was even still finishing the wedding cake that morning. Can we talk about that cake? Yummo! To match their glamorous barn/festival theme they served guests only the finest BBQ from Adare Farm with a roast pig on a spit and icecream cart.

Abina and Paddy had already won me over as a couple with their super sweet engagement shoot. They had told me of their plans but I just wasn’t expecting so much prettiness. During their drinks reception guests enjoyed hot drinks, pretty treats, and a few games in the marquee.

Though it rained that day everyone enjoyed themselves. Loughcrew House has a few perfect spots that let in the outside light while keeping your head nice and dry. Abina looked smashing in her David Fielden dress and birdcage veil and Paddy looked great in his Paul Costello navy suit. The beautiful flowers by Appassionata suited the colours and feel of the wedding. What more can I say? Tons. But I’ll let you feast your eyes on the photos.

Testimonials

“..I loved your work so we actually provisionally booked you first and then the venue which was probably a little unorthodox but it worked so well and we are so delighted with the results (despite the rain!). It was a pleasure to work with you and, of course, thank you for creating such a lovely collection of engagement and wedding photos for us.”

Abina & Paddy

Comments: 12
  1. Oct 02-2012 , 09:05AM
    Another stunning wedding, Christina! Love the location and all the personal touches! Looks like so much fun))
  2. Oct 02-2012 , 09:21AM
    Looks like such fun! I love the bright colours of the marquee and the elegance of the dining room. The exposed brick walls are just beautiful, they make me want to build a house... get married of course! :)
  3. Oct 02-2012 , 09:24AM
    Exquisite!!!! Love this, Christina.
  4. Oct 02-2012 , 09:27AM
    Wow, what a fab wedding. Such super touches..
  5. Nicola:
    Oct 02-2012 , 09:44AM
    Love everything about this wedding,you have captured it beautifully!
  6. Oct 02-2012 , 10:16AM
    Beautiful! I totally agree with Lindsay. The marquee looks so pretty and so colourful and then you move to this stunning and elegant dining room!!! I also love the brick wall. Bowing to the couple for redecorating this amazing venue!!! And I love your shots of couples portraits especially against the concrete walls. Exquisite!!!
  7. Oct 02-2012 , 11:52AM
    Wow! Love that they went all out and actually redecorated their venue, we need more couples demanding such prettiness for their special day, you captured it perfectly!
  8. Christina:
    Oct 02-2012 , 12:21PM
    Thank you all for your super loving comments! It was such a delight to see a couple put so much heart and effort into their day!
  9. Oct 03-2012 , 02:31AM
    Ahhh! The colors! The textures! This whole wedding!!! AHHHHHH!!!
  10. Maeve & Dave:
    Nov 04-2012 , 12:48PM
    Hi Christina,

We're very impressed with you portfolio of work and would love to meet you! Hoping that is that you are still available, our wedding is the 30/08/13.

Could you sent through your pricing & package information too!

Many Thanks

Maeve & Dave
  11. Nov 07-2012 , 02:48PM
    [...] brides planning their own weddings. Abina & Paddy’s full wedding can be seen over on Brosnan Photographic’s gorgeous [...]
  12. Nov 14-2012 , 12:32PM
    Nice post....Amazing collection of wedding photos. These are all so beautiful and Such pretty bouquets and table arrangements. I just love the colors, not too bold but very pretty and unique.